Its been a long time since I posted a recipe and I just have to share this recipe I have absolutely fell in love with recently! If you have read my previous posts in the recipe section, you would realize that I am a zucchini fanatic (lol) and this recipe stole my heart.
Zucchini fries are an excellent alterative to French fries with fewer calories. It containing high amounts of vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin B6, which in zucchini make it a good source of antioxidants. In fact, Zucchini fries also contain high levels of selenium, riboflavin and phosphorus.
Baking zucchini fries instead of deep-frying also lowers the cholesterol level significantly but be mindful that it still has considerable amounts of cholesterol (63mg in 100g). 3.5 oz (100g) of zucchini fries has 81 calories (27 calories from fat). It contains 5.5 g of protein and 1.1g of dietary fiber.
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 (9 inch) zucchini, peeled
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil lightly greased with cooking spray.
- Cut the peeled zucchini in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Slice the zucchini into 1/2 x 1/2 x 4 inch pieces.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, and seasoned salt in a pie plate. Dip the zucchini fries into the melted margarine, then press into breadcrumbs. Gently toss between your hands so any breadcrumbs that haven’t stuck can fall away. Place the breaded zucchini onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini in the preheated oven until the fries are golden and tender, about 15 minutes.
Recipe brought to you by: